1. Bring your containers, jars or bags. If you forget or it's your first time in the shop, don’t worry! You can use our donated jars (sterilised by volunteers) or you can use our scrap paper cones.
2. Before putting food into your container, first place it onto a scale and press TARE. This is so that you only pay for the weight of your food and not the container.
3. Place the “scale in use” sign on the scale so that no one else uses it while you are scooping your food.
4. Fill your container with food from the drop feeds or scoop feeds or by using our tongs, scoops or spoons for products in containers. Please do not handle food with your bare hands. Remember to close lids and return containers to where you found them after you got your food.
5. Put tongs, scoops or spoons back into the green bucket if they are still clean. If any food got stuck on, please put them in the kitchen sink so that they can be washed. Please don’t leave any utensils in the barrel except for the peanuts.
6. Place your filled container on the scale and record the weight. You may enter the price/kg to see your price to pay (and fill it up some more if you'd like to!) but no need to record it. If you are getting more than one item, you can use our Shopping Lists at the counter to record the weight or quantities of each item, or type it all into your phone - whatever suits you best.
7. Bring the food to the front of the shop to pay. Please ask our volunteers to assist you at any point!